These past 2 years have been a rollercoaster with opportunities to experiment on new ideas and projects with everyone’s support at Boomi.
Every Thanksgiving, I am reminded how fortunate I am to be part of this world with my family and friends, and blessed with the opportunity to lead initiatives and drive impact with a team that challenges and makes me better every day.
As our Product group embarked on a path to define our principles and values, it has helped me to stay focused and grounded every day. Since this was a new group, we had the chance to shape who we are, who we want to become and what is tolerable as a team.
When I recently read about Indra Nooyi’s shared wisdom to Pepsico employees, it resonated 250%.
- Always have a clear, compelling vision for what you want to accomplish
- Focus on the short-term and the long-term
- Bring people along with you
- Be good listeners
- Be lifelong students
Probably #3 echoed the most as it ties closely to one of our strong values: Results and relationships — we win or lose together.
And finally, it was about time: I need to make the most of my day and be mindful of my choices on the road ahead.
In my career, #5 has been the most crucial — always be hungry to learn. Every day is an opportunity to learn something new, we just need an open mind to be ready for what’s ahead of us.
At times, we may not like the change and try to resist. But the reality is that change is the only constant, you are either riding the wave or swept away to the sides.
It's upon us to direct the path: We have the power to choose.
As I reflect back in 2018, a few lessons learned:
- The power of one team: A unified team can do wonders and magic happens when we get together on a common goal.
- The value of time: years will go by whether I realize it or not. I need to make the most of my time and cherish the moments every day.
- The essence of core beliefs: Being consistent and truthful in my actions is crucial in what I do and it helps me stay focused.
Happy Holidays — Wishing you, your family and friends an amazing 2019!
Interested to read more: Leadership is a privilege - Be the leader you would follow…