Now what’s special about Europe — everything, from landscape to architecture to people. We were lucky to visit 10 countries and 20+ cities in 60 days — an exhilarating opportunity!
♡ What worked well and what didn’t work?
- Airbnb is not kidding when their website says Live There — our trip wouldn’t have been the same if it wasn’t for the awesome and accommodating hosts. We booked Airbnb for our entire trip.
- We didn’t buy a mobile data plan and had no cell phone service. It worked most of the times, except when our host was not at their home for check-in. Wifi at nearby coffee shops which helped contact our hosts.
- Google Maps Offline was our lifeline to travel in and around the city to visit places and restaurants.
- Highly recommend the global Eurail pass if you are traveling across many European countries. We only flew in and out, and travelled by train and ferry for the entire trip in Europe.
♡ So, where all did we explore, what did we learn and experience?
Take nothing but memories; Leave nothing but footprints
It’s always good to know these 3 words — hello, thanks, cheers — and we learnt a few more in every language along the way.
♡ uno*1: hola, gracias, salud
(España*Spain — Barcelona | Madrid | San Sebastian)
Language: Español*Spanish | Currency: 1 USD = 0.90 EUR
Read the medium post on our local Spanish food 💕 explorations and attractions.
♡ deux*2: bonjour, merci, santé (France — Paris)
Language: Français*French | Currency: 1 USD = 0.90 EUR
Read the medium post on our search for the best Macaron 💕 and the iconic Paris attractions.
♡ Coming Soon : I will be updating this post to share our experiences from the countries below. Stay tuned!
- drei*3: hallo, danke, prost (Schweiz*Switzerland — Zürich, Lausanne, Interlaken)
Language: German | Currency: 1 USD = 0.98 CHF, Swiss Franc
- quattro*4: ciao, grazie, saluti (Italia*Italy — Milano*Milan, Firenze*Florence, Roma*Rome, Venezia*Venice, Murano, Ancona)
Language: Italian | Currency: 1 USD = 0.90 EUR
- pet*5: zdravo, hvala, Živjeli (Hrvatska*Croatia — Split, Trogir, Klis, Bol, Zagreb)
Language: Croatian | Currency: 1 USD = 6.72 HRK, Croatian Kuna
- hat*6: halló, kösz, egészségére(Magyarország*Hungary — Budapest)
Language: Hungarian | Currency: 1 USD = 272.86 HUF, Hungarian Forint
- sedm*7: ahoj, děkuji, na zdraví(Česká republika*Czech Republic — Praha*Prague)
Language: Czech | Currency: 1 USD = 24.19 CZK, Czech Koruna
- acht*8: hallo, danke, prost (Deutschland*Germany — München*Munich, Stuttgart)
Language: German | Currency: 1 USD = 0.90 Euro
- negen*9: hallo, bedankt, proost (België*Belgium — Brussels, Brugge)
- tien*10: hallo, bedankt, proost (Nederland*Netherlands — Amsterdam)
Language: Dutch | Currency: 1 USD = 0.90 Euro
Help more people discover this post — click the ♡ heart icon below!